Sunday, September 19, 2010

Snowdonia National Park - Day 3

(12th September, 2010)

Lledr House, near Betws-y-coed, Wales

We went to another peak near to Snowdon today. Iain, and three of the others climbed Tryfan, going up the North Ridge, which is a famous ridge walk. From the stories Eleanor came back with of having to be tied twice to get up and round rocks jutting from the mountain side, and steep scrambles to the next ridge, I am exceedingly glad I did the walk down into Llyn Idwal and the surrounding farmland. Even that was a strain on my poor legs from the day before!



But legs aside, the walk through the valley past the beautiful lake Llyn Ogwen was spectacular! We took it slow, me with my legs and camera out poised for a peaceful view of the valley, and Moreen with her pastels and sketches of the valley in front of us. Anna was the fittest of us, walking and backpedaling to join up with us every so often.



Lunch was next to a stream, with the heat of a late summer sun warming our faces, and the cool breeze keeping the fleece on. A babbling stream made a path through the valley up to the range more intriguing, and became a composition for my attention. The day moved on, and we returned to the van. More stops as photo and painting opportunities arose, and after each incline a moment for breathing was set aside.

On the way back to England through the Welsh country side we past a steam train chugging away through the valley! My weekend of magic was complete, with aching legs and a full mind of wonderful images and thoughts for more to come. I am always going to be grateful for Iain for letting me be a part of that trip, it opened my eyes to the beauty of Wales, and the graciousness and kindness of some strangers I've met along my travels. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment