Thursday, September 2, 2010

Paintballing - A Fear of Paint Pellets!

So it's been some time - Let's take a stroll back to the 14th of August, and we'll get up to date (pretend I haven't been a work-a-holic with Ardmore)

14th August, 2010
Delta Force. This is what we got out of the car in the cold air to. A large banner, and a stuffed manikin hanging from it's feet pointing to the car park. Delta Force...

That's right. We - the Ardmore crew of Reading - went paintballing today. I can honestly say I have a slight fear of being shot at, and the knowledge that... well... IT HURTS! The day started with several individual students point blank refusing to go on excursion, which couldn't do, as the paintballing expedition had been planned for a while now. So Andrea, ever delicate to the situation, got his air horn, and stuck it into their rooms! The students got out quick smart!
Naturally, with this delay, we were late to Delta Force. But managed to be sneaked into the second half of the first game - Georgie and I batted our eye lids and that was it really... Well - I look back and wish I never went! The pain of this day will remain with me forever! The defending games were awesome, I got a real kick out of defending an area, however, capture the flag, assaulting a zone, or free for all games - weeeellll.... never again!


(this is the bruise I got from paintball - the final game of the day... I had it for over a week!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment