Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Jameson Experience

21st October, Midleton, Co Cork

So today - it was hard, tiring, and long...

To deal with the loveliness of my life, I went to the Old Midleton Distillery, where Jameson Whiskey used to be made. However, now, it is now distilled elsewhere, so the old distillery is now a museum dedicated to the making of Jameson Whiskey! It was really cool!

My memory card (the only one I had on me at the time...) was corrupted.... Damned! So basically, no photos for me to show you, but it was a beautiful! I had a ball - and the best bit about today was the fact that at the end of our guided tour (the guide was a bit stuffy) we had both a whiskey tasting test, with a shot of Jameson, a shot of Johnny Walker, and a shot of Jack Daniels to taste and compare. The other thing we got.... A GLASS OF JAMESON WHISKEY!! Just lovely! And considering how I was feeling about life, four shots of a whiskey, just lovely...

Eventually I got back to Myra and Jim's, had some more whiskey... Had long chats with Jim. He is so cool! A little like grumpy old men, without actually being grumpy, or necessarily old at heart, and just lovely. He has become my 'other man', according to him! Such a laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment